4.06.2010

~Mountains out of Molehills~

I watched a video of Mckmama on Focus on the Family this morning and during the show, they had a snapshot of the life of a two year old complete with temper tantrums and independence. Although, Aylah doesn't have too many temper tantrums, I sure have seen the indepedence come out of her like I've never seen before. I sure am glad I saw that video. It was nice to know that this is pretty normal during the "2's".
However....it sure does take patience and a lot of extra love knowing that now...
1.) I have to plan on leaving at least 12 1/2 minutes earlier so Aylah will have plenty of time to unlock the car, open the car door, climb in, find her seat, close the door, roll the window down, buckle up all by herself (while mommy sits in the front seat with her door closed so that there is no possible way mommy could escape and help her).
2.) Pick out her jammies, try them on, decide that she would rather sleep in one of mommy's dress shirts instead, change yet again, go to the bathroom on the toilet, flush 2 or 3 times, brush her teeth, put her diaper on, dress shirt back on, climb in bed...just to remember she has to go to the bathroom again and, well, decide she doesn't really want to wear anything to bed after all. Now we are nice and comfy in bed...What? What did you say Aylah? You want some milk now? You have to go potty again?!
3.) Mommy: What would you like for breakfast Belly Boo? (my lovely nickname for her)
Aylah: Cereal, oatmeal, banana, popcorn, gummies (aka: fruit snacks), milk AND orange juice
Mommy: sure Belle, whatever you want
Aylah: I poor the cereal, I poor the milk...I POOR the milk, I POOR THE MILK!!!!, no that bowl, no the green spoon, I want two cups, no the princess cup, I push the button, no cook for 2 minutes, I open it, no this cereal please, oh that bowl!
Mommy: yes dear, whatever you want
All this to say, I sure did enjoy the great reminder to not make a mountain out of a molehill from a blog I was reading. Those mountains shoot up too quick, too often and come out of nowhere for me. So, I'm definitely working on just keeping Aylah's independence a molehill and enjoying every minute (especially when she insists on pooring herself a glass of chocolate milk by herself and spills it all over me and the couch...and it was MY chocolate milk to begin with) :)
~HAPPY MOLEHILL DAY~

2 comments:

Melly said...

This was actually really encourging to read. I needed to be reminded that making mountains out of molehills doesn't do anyone a bit of good!

Love you.

maxcon said...

hello everybody! i just want to share my part time job. IT is a PAID TO CLICK ADVERTISEMENT

this is my referral website>

http://www.maxcon03.mynetworksolutions.com/

its a free registration...just have a PAYPAL account or ALERTPAY ACCOUNT...
you will earn money by clicking an advertisement per day...

THANKS IN ADVANCE...