7.09.2011

~Kokomo Speedway~

Lori and Dave, Mike's sister and brother-n-law, have been race fans for a long time.  They drove down to Kokomo last weekend for the big race at Kokomo Speedway.  Who knew there was a speedway in Kokomo?!  They invited us to go, so we thought we'd check it out.  To my surprise, I really liked it.  It was a blast.  I think it helped that the track was short, so you could always see the action and the races didn't last long.  Aylah liked it a lot too.  She was a little unsure about the noise, but once Lori hooked her up with ear muffs, he was good to go!

Sprint cars, my favorite of the night!  We saw two of them flip in the air!

~The first Sawyer Race Car Event~

Aylah is proud of her ear muffs.

Standing in front of the dirt track.  The cars would zoom by and throw dirt all over us.  It was interesting.

Pumped to have a checkered flag of her own.

Coming around the corner.

Cheering them on.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh Shana! I have loved reading all the updates and watching the videos. I miss you guys so much! The girls are absolutely beautiful! You and Mike are such great parents!