12.20.2008

~A Few Things~

First of all, I think I was about 13 years old when I attempted my first and last dessert by scratch. So this attempt of Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls were a big deal for me...and here you go---they turned out pretty good. I do think I'll add nuts next time though.
Yum, Yum!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of my very dear friends Nici told me that babies learn and become independent on their own. You see-her adorable little boy Cooper co-slept (if that's what you call it) with mommy and daddy and she told me one day he just decided it was time for him to sleep on his own in his own bed. I definitely believed her, because I never thought she would lie to me, but sometimes it's just hard to understand what someone says until you experience it yourself. This day is upon me now! Aylah sleeps with us occasionally (okay-a lot) and I've always rocked her to sleep--ALWAYS! But now, when I sit down and want to rock her for her naps or bedtime, she just sits up and points to her crib. So, I sadly beg her to let me hold her just a little bit longer and squeeze her oh so tightly and say not yet, not yet, and I try to sing just one more of her favorite songs....but she insists. So, I put her in her crib and she lays down and goes to sleep all by herself, all on her own. What's up with that?!?! She doesn't need me anymore to sing and rock and sing and rock her to sleep? I'm definitely a little saddened by this accomplishment, but very excited for her too. Anyway-all to say that I understand what Nici meant now!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI! It's suppose to be 15 below zero here tomorrow so all I have to say about that is.....
Texas here we come! I can't wait to see my family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Snips and Snails said...

Those cinnamon rols were YUMMY! The best part was I didn't have to cook breakfast :).
Have a wonderful time in Texas...it hit -1 with out the wind tonight.