8.03.2009

~Aylah's Addiction~

Aylah is what we call 468,352% addicted to her pacifier! This has become her best friend day in and day out. Mike and I have been talking about the need to at least minimize the time Aylah and Paci are spending together. So, this morning when Aylah woke up, I told her that she is really starting to become a big girl and I was so proud of her and that she has learned and accomplished. So Aylah, mommy is going to leave Paci in the bed until it's nap time because big girls do not need Paci while they are playing. Then I very gently took Paci and placed it in her bed and gave it to "puppy" so he could take care of it while we were out playing happily, right?...WRONG!!!
I'm sorry to say that after 25 minutes of crying as if her bff had fallen off the face of the earth, laying on the floor with complete heartache, and looking at me with the deepest sincere thoughts of "Please mommy, can I have Paci, I might die if I don't have it" and yes that is what she really said:), I gave in and we went to wake up Paci and the reunion begin.


Then tonight when I opened the car door to get Aylah out, she made this really loud ha, ha, ha laugh with these 2 paci's in her mouth. I think she is making up for lost time.
I think we are going to try Laura's way, and spend time praying about this first! Cold turkey wasn't the easiest on Aylah or mommy!

Yes, one of these paci's is Sam's. He let us have one when Aylah lost hers last time we were visiting him.

5 comments:

Melly said...

Oh my...She certainly is attached!!! She just needs to come visit her Aunt Melly...then maybe she'll forget all about her paci!! :)

LB said...

Oh, girl. I can relate. I know you know I can!

Snips and Snails said...

So cute, we had to cut William's down. Even when it had no tip to suck on he held on tight. Then one day he threw it away himself. Hang in there. Miss you!

Dana Lohrer said...

I so remember those days! Jaycee was 2 1/2 when we finally ditched the paci!!! Byron had tried to get me to do it, but I couldn't bring myself to do it! One morning I was like she doesn't need it! I took it and cut the top off! (She didn't see me do it!) When she asked for it I told her it was broken. She melted, but quickly got over it! Thankfully, she had forgotten that her mom always had about 5 extra pacis stored throughout the house! By that night she cried for a little bit and the next day was over it! Jackson was down to his last paci. He had been biting holes in them so I knew he needed to be broken of it. We actually lost it one night before bed! I was about to have a total meltdown, but he did really well. A week later I found the paci in my closet behind some shoe boxes!!! I will be praying for you! The Lord will direct you when the time is right and give you the wisdom and strength to make it through it!!!

ellieandavasmommy said...

funny, funny. My friend had the "paci fairy" come take all of her paci's and take them to other babies who needed them because they didn't have a paci. It was rough for a night or 2, but they survived. Cute idea. Yes, we should get together. I will send you a message on facebook later this week...