8.10.2009

~Mother of 8~

I read this on a blog that I read and thought it was so neat and very true!
12:08 PM
A quote

from A Reforming Mom by Shannon
I recently found this comment by a mother of 8. I could not have said it better myself:

I am a mother of eight, but it’s not because I am Super Mom. It’s not because I was born with some rare gift that makes me capable of mothering a large family. It’s because this family God has seen fit to give me has shaped and changed me into the person I am today. It’s because God sends challenges and then follows up those challenges with the graces you need to get through them. Always.I can live this imperfect life with eight imperfect children, not because I am awesome, but because God is.

1 comment:

Dana Lohrer said...

Thank you for sharing this!!! What a true statement! I have been thinking about things like this very often lately. We must have challenges and we must have troubling times and testing periods or we would never be dependent on the grace of God. We would never grow to the next level of our relationship with Him. We would never see how awesome He is or how perfect His way truly is for our life!!! What a blessing this statement is! Through whatever path God has for us His love, grace, and mercy is always right there waiting for us!!!